Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

HAPPY EASTER!! I have so much I want to say, but I have not been able all day to organize my thoughts. So, I will ramble here for a second, and I cannot promise my rambling will ever come full circle to make sense! :D This Easter has been very special to me. First of all, having a sweet little four year old to teach about Jesus Christ, his Atonement and His resurrection has been fantastic. Last night, we had a special Family Home Evening about Christ, and it brought The Spirit into our home and into our hearts. Then, today when he hunted Easter eggs, he was SO EXCITED! I have never, ever in all my days seen a child so excited about finding Easter Eggs. It was heartwarming and touching. To watch his pure, whimsical and fanciful joy made me feel like I was learning something about Easter, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what. It made me think of all the times we are commanded in Scripture to "become as a little child". It reminded me of when Christ said to, "let the little ones come unto me", and when the Angles came down from Heaven and ministered to the children, and Jesus said, "Behold, your little ones". I wish I could understand better the things of my spirit, but I cannot, and because of that, it is difficult to put into words the FEELINGS, the stirring of my spirit, I feel inside. Next, this Easter was very moving because of all of the things I have learned in the past year. About the children and people around the world who are suffering. About the sorrow and pain in the world. Easter celebrates the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ! That night, in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus Christ felt all of the pain and sorrow we feel in this life. Jesus KNOWS how the children starving in Africa feel. Jesus KNOWS how the child slaves in China feel. Jesus KNOWS the fear the people of Haiti felt when the earthquake struck. At the same time, Jesus KNOWS the feelings and hearts and minds of the members of the LRA. He KNOWS the feelings and the hearts and minds of the men and women who work the child slaves. Because of Jesus' Atonement and Resurrection, we can all LIVE FOREVER with Him in Heaven, where there will be NO pain, hunger, fear, sickness, suffering. Because of Jesus' Atonement and Resurrection, we can BE FORGIVEN OF OUR SINS. WE CAN BE MADE WHOLE AGAIN THROUGH THE BLOOD OF CHRIST. I bear testimony that I KNOW JESUS LIVES! I KNOW He died on the cross FOR US. I KNOW that three days after His death, Jesus rose and left the tomb. I KNOW that He visited the people on the American continents and that the record of those people in this hemisphere can be found in The Book Of Mormon. I KNOW our families can be together FOREVER. I KNOW Jesus Christ is the Son of God. "CHRIST THE LORD IS RISEN TODAY! ALLELUIA!"

1 comment:

megan said...

thank you for such a beautiful post...