Friday, February 12, 2010

Operation: LOVE Part III

If you are wanting to find out about Operation: 100 FAMILIES, or if you want to see the list of needed items for that project, please scroll down to my previous post. THANK YOU! I really wanted pictures to accompany this post, but it's not happening. Maybe I can get some on tomorrow, but I really just wanted to get this update posted...it has been weighing on my heart for a few days now. I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who has donated time, money, Valentines and prayers on behalf of Operation: LOVE. For each of those sacrifices is a manifestation of your LOVE. And that, after all, is what Operation: LOVE ia all about. It is difficult to find the words to express how Operation: LOVE has touched my heart. We started Operation: LOVE so we could spread love to children who really need it. But it has evolved into MUCH MORE than that. It has been a lesson for me about love. I have learned about a heavy love. A love that comes from great sacrifice. A love that comes when you least expect it. A love that comes in your moment of despair. That is the love _I_ have felt during Operation: LOVE. I never expected to FEEL so much love during this Operation. I thought the idea was to send love. In the end, I was the one who felt it. We will have many Valentines being brought or mailed to us from around the US this week. Valentines from neighbors down the street, from California, from Idaho and from Illinois. From old friends, from new friends and from complete strangers. Once the Valentines are all gathered in, we will count, sort and organize them. Box them up, tape them up, wrap them up; address them, haul them to the post office, and away they will go, on a journey of love around the globe. To Uganda, Beijing, Ghana and Haiti. To children with straight hair, curly hair, black eyes, brown eyes, blind eyes. Children who are dressed in heavy, warm clothes against the cold winter, children dressed in shorts because of the heat. Valentines will be sent to the adults caring for these children; men and women, ages 19-50, married and single, dark skinned and light skinned, Christian, Buddhist, Mormon. All of these people NEED love. All of these people ARE loved. All of these people are children of our Heavenly Father. Thank you for being a part of something great. Thank you for being a part of gathering and sending out LOVE!

1 comment:

B-Blogit said...

that is just so awesome Im glad so many people contributed!