Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hosting a foster child over Christmas!!!!!

So, my Mom had a wonderful idea! Tonight, just as I was dozing off, she came into my room and told me that she had heard on the news something about helping a child in foster care during Christmas. I looked it up, and it wasn't what she thought. However, she said she had heard of families hosting a foster child over Christmas, and she thought our family should do that! She said it was my "job" to find out more information and see how we could go about doing that. I was suddenly wide awake and googling away on my computer, looking for information. It took some time to find the right thing, but I think I got some phone numbers to call tomorrow and get more information. I think if the numbers I found prove to be of no help, I will just call the Department of Child Services (is that what they are called? I don't know, but you know what I mean) and just ask them if they have such a program. I told my Mom, if Utah does not have a program for that, I will start one!! Anyway, I will keep you posted. I will be sure and post the information I find so others reading this blog can have the information readily available if they wish to host a child as well. (And so others searching for that information online can find it more easily than I did!) NOTE: I DID find quite a bit of information on hosting Russian/Ukrainian orphans, not necessarily over Christmas. A GREAT experience, I am sure, but not quite what I was looking for. Anyway, if anyone is interested in doing that, there is a lot of information on it if you just google something like "host an orphan". You KNOW if I had my own house, I would do that in a heartbeat!!!! :) Of course, then I would not want to "send back" the child I hosted and I would "HAVE" to adopt a little Russian child.... :). Along that same line, I have heard of hosting international orphans coming to America for medical treatments. That would be another "fun"/rewarding experience!!

No comments: