Monday, March 30, 2009

Pain

When I am weak, God is strong. My tears are absorbed in Jesus Christ. He has suffered, so I need not suffer. I pray that the hurt and pain I feel will be swallowed up in service. That I may be able to reach beyond my own hurt to lift another. That my broken heart may be healed TO serve others. Even if that service is nothing more than humble prayer. There are so many who need help. Who need love. Who are hurting much worse than I. I pray that I may forget myself and serve. In this way, perhaps my own pain may also be alleviated. Perhaps I can break this numbness with arms stretched out to others. 3 Nephi 9:13 reads"...repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you." That I may heal you. Christ WANTS to heal us. He wants to take our pain and suffering. But we must trust in Him completely. We must place our yolk on Him and walk with Him at our side. I don't think I have that courage yet...to place this on Christ and let Him take this pain from me...let Him heal me. I am too afraid. But I will work on it. I will pray for a change of heart...that I may have the FAITH to be healed by Christ. Our lesson this week in church was about fear. It was a powerful lesson. We are not given the spirit of fear, but the spirit of strength and power. I pray I will let go this fear that Satan has placed in my heart and take up the spirit of strength and the spirit of power that God has given me.

1 comment:

Renee Bach said...

Hey Breclyn!

I’ve just read a little bit of your blog, and it sounds like God is going to use you in a big way! So, are you starting a feeding program in China, or Africa though? Sorry, I didn’t get to read very much, so I’m a little lost. I hope to come back soon though, and read more (all!)!

I love meeting, and talking with other fellow “Africa lovers”, and just “Mission lovers”!! I would love to help you in any way I can! I’m very new at this, but please feel free to email me a list of questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them!

I would love to share any information that I might have! I would also love to hear more about your mission as well! So exciting! Shoot me an email anytime: renee.servinghischildren@hotamil.co
I also have facebook, and try to be good about returning messages on there as well! I look forward to talking with you more!

Serving His Together,
Renee