Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Spider Web outline

I have not posted on this blog because I have been so busy lately keeping my other blog up-dated. Brad came in to the warehouse the other day and together we layed out a "Spider Graph" (yes! Just like the ones from elementary school) about my orphanage. I let him do most of the brain storming, while I listened. Much of what he said was GOOD, BUT not at all in the direction I am trying to go. I kept an open mind and really tried to wrap my mind around his plans, which were not at all like MY plans. I tried to come to terms with them, and tried to accept them. I tried to see myself exicuting his goals...and I couldn't. It didn't feel...right. Not that anything was WRONG with his plan...it was just that it was HIS plan, not mine. So, today I wrote my OWN Spider Graph, and felt MUCH better! It felt like my plans were layed out and easy to follow. They went in the direction I wanted them to, and I feel more secure in what I want from Sixteen Small Stones. Now, I must decide how to proceed with Brad. He is kind and helpful...I just don't know if he is going to be the best person to help me with what I am trying to do. If my Spider Graph were written in "A B 1 2" format, it would look something like this (let's see if I can do this!): SIXTEEN SMALL STONES 1.) To Support Existing Orphanages a. Funding b. Education c. Nutrition program d. Formula program e. Staff training f. Building maintainance g. Community volunteer work h. Adoption support i. House-Style and Life-style improvement 1. Pictures for walls 2. Rugs for children 3. Beds for children 4. New household goods/items j. Child stimulation 1. Toys 2. Books k. Provide Love L. Music Education Program 1. Provide music classes to children interested 2.) Foster Home in China a. Provide housing for children and infants taken from the orphanage and placed in my Foster Home 1. Provide Housing 2. Provide Nutrition 3. Provide clothing 4. Stimulation 5. Love 6. Health care for at risk children 7. Well-child type check-ups 8. Health care for all children 9. Advocation for orphans in China 10. Education 11. Vocational training 3.) Safe Life Programme for Older Girls in Africa a. Provide a space for them to come spend time b. Provide food c. Provide clothing d. Provide assistance in continuing education e. Personal safety classes f. Music Education classes g. Vocational or Farming training h. Provide a safe place to sleep i. Provide a weekly or bi-weekly group meeting where the girls can come together and express their fears and concerns and talk about solutions to these issues. j. Provide ways for them to overcome their fears and concerns for the future. k. Help them with goal setting l. Teach them about child care m. Nutrition and Health Education

No comments: